Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Shirley's Tree

I recently designed this tree for a friend who needed a tree illustration for a "roots and wings"-themed event.  She wanted a line illustration;  the color was my addition after the design was done.  I do think the color adds something....a little bit of weight maybe.  But yet there's something about the line drawing that keeps bringing me back to it.  I wanted to share them here.  Any comments would be most welcome!!

(Post update 7/28/2015:  I replaced the original posted art with these photos of printouts.  I hope this will help stop it being used without permission as clip art.)



Both versions of Shirley's Tree are available in my Society6 shop here.



5 comments:

  1. Now this is a very beautiful tree design! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how it's growth appears so wild, and yet, there is total balance. Thumbs up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the pattern of branches and leaves. I've loved graceful black and white trees since I was a kid reading Narnia, entranced by Pauline Baynes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am a artist. The artist as carefully structured the swift and graceful motion of the twists in the tree. All though the tree is atiquetly structured,maybe u should try to add detail to the leaves by adding more curve in the bottom of each leave. Also adding smaller and larger leaved to make it more full.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment! This tree was designed for a special purpose so it's complete as it is and I'm not planning to revise it. But I will consider your suggestions when I create tree designs in the future!

      Delete